Friday, June 13, 2008

The Campout-part I

Here's a story I wrote for school. I will finish it later.

Last year my father, mother, brother, and I went camping at a beautiful campsite we had never been to before. The first day we got there it was late at night, so we set up our tents and went to sleep. We woke up the next morning to the sound of thunder roaring, only a small distance away. I got out of the tent I was sharing with my mom and looked around. The sun was shining through the dark green leaves of the trees, but I could see the clouds coming up from the opposite direction. I could feel the cool wind blowing through my hair as I sniffed the beautiful pine scent from the forest. I heard the animals rushing to their homes, trying to get safe before the rain started. I turned on our portable grill, so that we could make pancakes for breakfast. I could feel the mist from the storm already on its way.
After breakfast we turned on the radio that the park ranger set out at every campsite. We turned the campsites station. The park ranger said that everyone in groups A and B would get wet from the storm, but everyone in the campsites C and D would get to stay dry. We were camping in group C so we knew we could stay out all day, unless the storm started moving closer to us. So after a little bit of thought my family and I decided to go on a hike. We packed up a snack for later, swim suits-for the stream where we could go swimming, sunglasses, water bottles, and rain jackets-just in case.

1 comment:

silken said...

I love this story! glad you are putting it on here! :)